Tonight there were three come-from-behind wins that deserve some serious recognition (Predators, Penguins, Bruins). There were also some major players that made these wins possible. The first of these comeback wins was for the Nashville Predators who played the Minnesota Wild.
The visiting Predators pulled out a pretty incredible recovery after a slow start to the game. They were actually trailing 4-1 until about 10 minutes into the 3rd period. The best way to understand the breadth of the comeback is to look at the time of the goals scored.
- Goal 1, Period 1: 8:04, MIN
- Goal 2, Period 1: 12:36, MIN
- Goal 3, Period 2: 1:29, MIN
- Goal 4, Period 2: 9:33, NSH
- Goal 5, Period 3: 0:16, MIN
- Goal 6, Period 3: 9:22, NSH
- Goal 7, Period 3: 16:39, NSH
- Goal 8, Period 3: 17:00, NSH
- Goal 9, Period 3: 19:39, NSH
Pretty bad if you happen to be a Minnesota fan. The fans actually booed the Wild off the ice (understandable after Heatley’s awesome performance that got completely over-shadowed by the Preds comeback)
Predators’ alternate Captain, Mike Fisher was the one who scored the final two goals for Nashville. I have to admit, as I am writing this article I do not know much about Mike Fisher. BUT because the internet is my best friend, we had a little collaboration and here is what I found:
1. Mike Fisher has been with the Predators since mid-season last year when he was traded from Ottawa.
2. He is married to American Idol winner and country singer, Carrie Underwood (yeah, shocked me too).
3. He is currently tied for fourth place in the team’s stats for points.
4. I have no idea what this video really showed me about Mike Fisher (maybe that he has a sense of humor or is charitable), but it is so ridiculous that it had to be posted: